Friday, January 31, 2014

Packing my life away

After the longest winter break I've had since.. pre-school.. the time has finally come to start my adventure in Rome, Italy.  I have been waiting for this experience for what seems like forever and after a very long process (applying to the program, applying for my visa etc. etc.) the nerves are starting to kick in! 

It seems as though I have always been "Nomad Sam" packing my life into suitcases to live in a new place for weeks at a time.  My travels first started with sleep away camp, followed by dancing in NYC at Pulse, Broadway Dance Center and Martha Graham, then moving to college at Penn State, several internships around the United States and now spending a semester abroad in ROME!  I always made my mom make me a list of things I would need for these trips and in years time it soon evolved into a Carrie Bradshaw fashion show to see what I should take and what I should leave at home.

I have to add that my mom and I have been doing this tradition before this scene came out ;) 

Here is a sneak peak of what our version looks like
As you can see it is a little more disorganized but trust me, it is just as fun.


I have crossed off everything on my packing list (that I made myself), walked the runway in the living room fashion show and packed away the last minute necessities of artificial sweetener, peanut butter and cereal.  Now the wait until Superbowl Sunday (day of departure) begins.  I can't believe that in a few days I will be off to a country where my ancestors once lived and will be learning a new language.  Be prepared to see posts full of my adventures, cultural differences and lots of food porn (pictures of mouth watering Italian food that I will hopefully learn to cook and replicate when I come back to the states).    

Keep in mind I am new to this whole blogging thing and in no way have the grammar or writing abilities to pursue this as a career, so please just smile and laugh (as you know I would) at the spelling and grammatical errors that you see.    

Ciao for now =)


2 comments:

  1. Aunt Susan - BaltimoreFebruary 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM

    I look forward to following your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! Miss you so!!!!

    ReplyDelete